HYD TECHNOLOGY offers you CWDM/DWDM platform with 1U, 2U, and 5U CWDM/DWDM optical transport system, supporting access services from 100Mbit/s to 400Gbit/s.
Custom Your DWDM platform to widely used in various industries, including telecom, ISP, electric power, education, and more.
The Application of CWDM/DWDM Platform
Long-distance Backbone Transmission Scheme in DWDM Platform
- The entire network is designed according to the 40CH×10G DWDM system, which can not only meet the existing needs of users, but also adapt to the needs of future business expansion;
- A-B1, B1-C, A-B2, and B2-C are each configured with 8×10G services first, and point D is used as the middle site, and services are not considered for the time being;
- The whole network design adopts 40KM DWDM optical module, which has better light receiving performance;
- The network structure is clear, and it is very convenient for users to maintain and expand services;
- The optical power redundancy of each node in the whole network is ≥ 5dB to ensure the long-term stable operation of the system;
- The equipment has high reliability, the power supply is 1+1 hot redundant backup, the main control card supports 1+1 hot redundant backup, and the fan supports hot swapping and independent replacement.
The Overviews of DWDM Platform technology ,DWDM principle
Analysis of DWDM Technology Principles
DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) is essentially a wavelength (or frequency) multiplexing technology in the optical domain.
It utilizes the low-loss region of the single-mode fiber at 1.55μm to divide it into multiple optical channels, with each channel carrying a different wavelength. At the transmitting end, a multiplexer combines signals of different wavelengths into a single fiber for transmission.
At the receiving end, a demultiplexer separates the signals back into their individual wavelengths, achieving multiplexed transmission of multiple optical signals over a single fiber.
The ITU-T G.692 standard specifies a channel spacing of 100GHz (0.8nm) for integer multiplies. People have also developed products with smaller spacing.
Composition of DWDM Systems
For open DWDM systems, the transmitter part mainly consists of the transmitter and the multiplexer.
According to ITU-T recommendations and standards, apart from specific requirements for the center wavelength of the laser transmitter in the DWDM system, a transmitter with certain chromatic dispersion tolerance should be selected based on different DWDM system applications (mainly the type of transmission fiber and the distance of non-electrical relay transmission).
ITU-T G.693 describes the application encoding and basic requirements of the transmitter in detail.
The transmission part mainly includes optical amplifiers, most of which are erbium-doped fiber amplifiers (EDFA).
In DWDM platform, gain-flattening technology must be used to ensure that the EDFA has the same gain for signals of different wavelengths, and it should also consider various scenarios of multiple broadband channels operating simultaneously to ensure that the gain competition of optical channels does not affect transmission performance.
The optical monitoring part mainly includes the physical layer and frame structure of the optical monitoring channel, and ITU-T recommends using a wavelength of 1510mm with a capacity of 2Mbit/s.
The network management part manages the DWDM system at the network level, including management software on the workstation (WS) and equipment operation terminal (EOT), as well as element management units (EMU) on each sub-frame and firmware of the board controller (BCT) on each board.
Related Technical Specifications of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing Systems
Selection of Operating Channels
According to the reports from the International Optical Fiber Communication Conference OFC-2003, DWDM systems with hundreds of channels have been experimentally realized.
In China, the 8-channel and 16-channel systems are more widely used. According to the ITU-T G.692 standard, the center frequency and wavelength of its 8-channel and 16-channel systems should meet the standard requirements.
Requirements for Light Sources and Photodetectors
Since the channel spacing of DWDM is very narrow, high requirements are imposed on the lasers used for transmission.
In DWDM systems, multiple signals with different wavelengths are transmitted simultaneously on a single fiber, so the photodetector must be able to detect signals of the required wavelengths among the transmitted multi-wavelength service signals, requiring photodetectors with multi-wavelength detection capabilities.
Requirements for Optical Supervisory Channel (OSC)
In real-world applications, an optical monitoring channel is incorporated into the optical fiber to effectively transmit monitoring signals.This channel can perform up and down at each EDFA to control EDFA.
Advantages and Limitations of DWDM Platform
Analysis of the Advantages of DWDM Systems
(1) It can make full use of the huge bandwidth resources of optical fibers, increasing transmission capacity and improving transmission speed.
(2) DWDM technology offers a transparent transmission channel that is well-suited for transmitting a wide range of comprehensive business information, making it a convenient and efficient method for introducing new broadband services.
DWDM system accomplishes transparent transmission, and for the “business” layer signal, each wavelength of WDM is like a “virtual” optical fiber.
Analysis of the Limitations of DWDM Systems
Due to the significant limitations of point-to-point DWDM transmission technology itself, the biggest limitation is the lack of networking capabilities and the inability to provide perfect protection mechanisms for business at the optical layer.
Therefore, point-to-point DWDM transmission systems are only in the primary stage of “optical networking.” To provide effective protection for business, line protection must be used, that is, using line equipment for business protection.
However, this method is costly and not commonly used. Currently, although DWDM rings have been formed in some cases, they are still composed of multiple DWDM transmission segments, and at each terminal station, there are back-to-back DWDM devices.
Therefore, although they appear to be ring networks, they are essentially point-to-point transmissions. To implement business protection, the commonly used method is protection based on the SDH layer, which is completely independent of wavelength division multiplexing systems.
Please contact HYD TECHNOLOGY team for more info .
DWDM Platform Used in Metro
Optical communication network architecture is usually divided into three layers: backbone network, metropolitan area network and access network. In recent years, the DWDM platform applied to the backbone network has developed rapidly.
This is mainly due to the unification of standards and the enthusiastic participation and support of various operators, equipment manufacturers, module, device, and chip manufacturers.
The MAN bridge is followed by the access network and the backbone network, and there is no unified definition of itself.
Generally, it can be divided into three types: the MAN area network, the MAN core network and the MAN access network. The metropolitan area network and the metropolitan core network cover the transmission distances of 500-1000km and 100-500km respectively.
The metropolitan area network usually includes a large number of reconfigurable optical add-down multiplexer (ROADM) nodes and old optical fibers with large attenuation. The transmission system has higher requirements.
The cost of laying new optical fibers in the metropolitan area network is relatively high, so there is also a high requirement for the utilization rate of optical fiber bandwidth.
With the increase of the access network rate and the extensive application of DWDM system in the bone-in-network, the demand for DWDM system in the metropolitan area network is becoming more and more urgent.
According to OVUM’s prediction, DWDM MAN will be deployed in 2014 and will be widely used after 2015. The reason why MAN is a development hotspot in the next few years is mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. The market size of the metropolitan area network is large, generally two to three times that of the bone-in-network
2. The transmission distance of the metropolitan area network is relatively short, and low-cost solutions are often used; the metropolitan area network can learn from the mature technology of the bone-in-network
3, The progress of the network can also promote and promote the development of bone-in-network and next-generation network technology, and the two complement each other.
Metro DWDM Optical Module Types
Currently available metro DWDM optical modules are mainly divided into two types: phase-to-CFP and non-coherent CFP. Among them, non-coherent CFP is divided into two categories: one uses ODB modulation format, and the other uses OOK modulation format + maximum likelihood sequence estimation algorithm to receive.
Optical module solution
Considering the size and power consumption, metropolitan DWDM optical modules are all packaged in CFP, but the specific solutions of each company are different. 3.1 Type 1 solution:
(1) relative to technology
(2) DP-QPSK modulation method to ensure a longer transmission distance
(3) Self-developed low-power DSP chip
(4) A single laser takes into account the functions of the emitting laser and the local oscillator to reduce the power consumption and cost
(5) The MZ modulator and optical coherent receiver are integrated in one package to reduce the size. Adopt OTN Framer chip, support OTU4 transmission, and have FEC function. ):
1, non-coherent technology
2, ODB modulation method
3, Tunable TOSA
The solution of type three is not much different from that of type two. They are both ODB and miscellaneous documents. The biggest difference is that type 2 has FEC function, and type 3 has no Gaoting watermark Framer chip and does not have FEC function.
EML modulation method
(2) Use 10G driver, 10GTOSA/ROSA to transmit and receive signals.
(3) The driver has low noise and linear amplification functions; it uses an integrated high-speed analog-to-digital conversion ADC, digital signal processing DSP and 4:10DEMUX chip for decoding, and the DSP is based on the maximum likelihood sequence estimation (MLSE) algorithm for decoding.
Experiments have shown that for fiber links with chromatic dispersion CD and polarization mode dispersion PMD, MLSE can extend the transmission distance of the system2.
Signal flow: 10 channels of 10G signals input to the module become 4 channels of 28G high-speed electrical signals through 10:4MUX. The 4-channel electrical signal is amplified by a linear driver with a bandwidth of 10G and then enters into the 4-channel 10G EML modulator, thus completing the signal modulation.
The receiving end converts 4 channels of 10G optical signals into electrical signals through PIN/TIA, and after being sampled by 4 channels of ADCs, it is input to DSP for decoding. The decoded signals are converted into 10 channels of 10G signal output through 4:10DEMUX.
The coherent solution is suitable for metropolitan area networks, saves fiber resources, and has a longer transmission distance (1). However, low-cost and low-power DSP chips are required, and currently there are very few global suppliers of such DSP chips.
The ODB modulation format solution is suitable for the metropolitan core network, and the transmission distance is moderate (need to be used in conjunction with FEC); the wavelength is adjustable to save the cost of the DWDM network.
It is necessary to use the wavelength-tunable TOSA. Currently, the 25G rate, the wavelength-tunable TOSA is also available Quotient is less.
The OOK modulation format solution is suitable for metropolitan access networks, mainly using 10G devices and MLSE algorithm for reception, with short transmission distance and low cost of optical modules. A DSP chip with MLSE algorithm is required, and currently there is only one supplier of this kind of DSP chip in the world.
When constructing a metropolitan DWDM network, it is necessary to comprehensively consider the transmission distance, cost, interface rate, and compatibility, and select the optimal optical module solution.
What is DWDM platform ?
DWDM Platform: The Backbone of High-Speed Data Transmission
In today’s digital era, data communication is the lifeline of our daily activities. To enable fast and efficient data transmission over optical fibers, technologies like DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) play a pivotal role.
This article delves into DWDM’s significance in optical communication, covering its concept, equipment, vendors, and applications in networking and telecom industries.
What is DWDM Platform?
DWDM, or Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing, is an advanced optical communication technology. Imagine it as a superhighway where each “lane” carries a different wavelength of light, allowing multiple data streams to travel simultaneously on a single optical fiber.
How Does it Work?
At its core, DWDM combines multiple data streams using different wavelengths of light. These streams coexist without interfering with each other as they traverse the optical fiber. At the receiving end, the DWDM platform separates the combined data streams back into their individual wavelengths, ensuring data integrity and original form restoration.
DWDM Equipment and Devices:
DWDM technology relies on specific equipment like DWDM transceivers, DWDM multiplexers (MUX), DWDM SFPs (Small Form-Factor Pluggables), and Optical Line Protection (OLP) systems. Reputable manufacturers such as Huawei, Ciena, Nokia, Infinera, ADVA, and EXFO offer top-notch DWDM equipment to meet diverse network needs.
Applications of DWDM in Networking and Telecom:
DWDM’s ability to transmit large data volumes at high speeds makes it indispensable in networking and telecom sectors. It enables the deployment of 100G DWDM optics, supporting data-intensive applications and services. DWDM systems find extensive use in long-haul, metro, and campus networks, ensuring seamless data communication across various locations.
DWDM stands as the driving force behind modern data transmission, acting as a superhighway for light signals to empower high-speed, reliable, and cost-effective data communication. Its widespread applications cater to the ever-growing demand for data connectivity in our interconnected world. As technology evolves, DWDM continues to lead the way in optical communication, connecting us faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Where is DWDM Platform Used?
- Long-Distance Networks: One of the primary applications of DWDM is in long-haul networks that span vast distances, connecting cities and even countries. It empowers telecommunication companies to transmit a tremendous amount of data over thousands of kilometers, making global communication seamless and efficient.
- Metropolitan Networks: DWDM is also used in metro networks that link neighboring cities and towns. Here, it enables the smooth and rapid exchange of data between urban areas, supporting everything from internet browsing to video streaming.
- Data Centers: Inside data centers, where a massive amount of data is stored and processed, DWDM works its magic. It interconnects servers and storage devices, ensuring data can travel at lightning speed between different parts of the data center.
- Enterprises: Large companies with multiple locations can benefit from DWDM to create their private optical networks. This helps them securely transfer data between their offices and facilities, improving communication and efficiency.
- Internet Infrastructure: The backbone of the internet relies heavily on DWDM technology. It allows internet service providers to handle the ever-increasing data demands from users worldwide, ensuring a smooth online experience for all.
- Cloud Services: Cloud computing, which powers various online services and applications, heavily relies on DWDM for fast and reliable data transfer between cloud servers and end-users.
The DWDM platform has transformed the way we communicate and exchange information. Its applications range from powering long-distance networks to connecting data centers and facilitating cloud services.
100G/200G DWDM Platform in China
The HYT9600 made by HYD TECHNOLOGY is a stackable ultra-100G DWDM transmission platform customized for data center interconnection applications.
This platform has large transmission capacity, small size and fully meets the requirements of the data center computer room.
It has low power consumption and convenient operation and maintenance. 16 100G client-side interfaces and 8 200G system-side interfaces,.
based on the open software architecture, provide various open interfaces, DCI users can carry out secondary development, so that the management method can be easily integrated with the data center equipment management system , which reduces the difficulty of daily maintenance of equipment and provides a strong guarantee for the rapidly growing data center business.
● Support OTU2/2e, OTU4, OTUC2, OTU2, OTU2e, OTU3, OTU4 interface
● Support GE/FE, 10GE LAN/WAN, 40GE, 100GE
● Support STM-1/4/16/64, OC-3/12/48/192
● Support thousands of kilometers of 100G/200G non-electric relay transmission.
● Supports complex networking, rapid service deployment and centralized scheduling; supports super FEC error correction,
● Support single-fiber one-way, single-fiber two-way, two-fiber two-way chain, star and ring and other networking modes.
● Unified network management platform, providing comprehensive network and equipment performance monitoring capabilities
● Low power consumption, helping operators build green and energy-saving networks
● Excellent architecture design, worry-free data transmission, using distributed backplane electrical crossover design
● Provide multiple network-level protections to comprehensively protect line fibers and services
● Provide three-dimensional equipment protection: power equipment protection, fan protection
● Full-service transparent transmission, reducing circuit cross-transmission delay and ensuring transmission reliability
● All optical interfaces are pluggable and reusable, reducing spare parts investment
Upgrade your CWDM/ DWDM platform with state-of-the-art equipment
Experience seamless data transmission with our upgraded DWDM platform soluction
Custom Your DWDM PLATFORM MADE IN CHINA
Choose HYD Technology for your custom DWDM platform ,the superiority of DWDM technology can improve the efficiency of data transmission, not only improve the quality of information transmission and user calls, meet the needs of users, but also reduce the operating costs of telecommunications companies
DWDM Platform by HYD TECHNOLOGY
When the DWDM platform is used in a relatively short-distance area, it is only necessary to set up the splitter and multiplexer in the necessary place.
When the power cannot be supplied, the complete transmission of the signal can also be achieved, which not only reduces the operating cost of the telecommunications company, but also ensures the quality of signal transmission. .
DWDM Technology Upgraded
The technology of demultiplexing and light and wave is one of the technologies of the DWDM platform, which can affect the quality of the transmitted signal.
Judging the technology of demultiplexing and light and wave from the advantages and disadvantages, there are two standards, channel isolation and insertion loss.
DWDM Platform Improving
With the development of science and technology, DWDM platform is gradually improving, and DWDM platform can be applied to achieve better communication and connection between more regions, such as :
different economic regions, different information centers, and different cities
Success in DWDM PLATFORM CHINA
At HYD Technology, we are committed to ensuring our clients receive optimal services keeping in mind the excellent quality deliverables, low-cost solutions, and satisfaction of customers.
DWDM Platform Service
Network services are diversified. DWDM has nothing to do with protocol and transmission rate. Under the condition of complete transparency, DWDM network can carry out signal interface with SDH, ATM, IP, etc., so as to provide diversified services for the network
Customized DWDM Platform China
In the long-distance trunk line system, the point-to-point system is mainly used, and it is easy to consume a lot of materials when laying long-distance lines. Through the application of DWDM technology, the waste of resources can be avoided, and the authenticity and clarity of the sound can be improved.
Application of DWDM technology
Through the application of DWDM technology, materials can be saved, resource waste can be avoided, network signals can be improved, thereby improving the authenticity and clarity of sound, and gradually realizing ultra-long-distance non-regeneration repeaters.